The Summer Research Internship at Columbia Business School is a highly-selective program provides the interns with the opportunity to work on a research project with CBS’ leading faculty and researchers in finance, economics, marketing, management, decision sciences, operations, accounting, and data analytics. This is a multi-disciplinary program and candidates from all backgrounds, including business, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, the physical sciences, and the social and behavioral sciences are encouraged to apply. We are especially interested in applicants who are underrepresented minorities.
The internship program is designed for undergraduate students in their sophomore or junior year and first year Masters students. Exceptional students from other classes are considered on a case-by-case basis. The internship is a full-time salaried program. Our current plan is to run the internship program in person this year (pending university approval). If the program is run in person, on-campus housing will be provided. We will provide updates through the interview process. The internship will run from June 1, 2022 through August 5, 2022 (final dates to be confirmed).
For more information, and to apply, please click here.
Required materials for application: Cover Letter, Resume, Unofficial Transcript(s)
Prospective interns must have the following qualifications:
- Enrolled as a second or third-year student at an accredited university
- Enthusiasm for research and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics and/or econometrics
- Strong programming skills are required for most projects
- Familiarity with statistical and computational software packages (such as Matlab, R, STATA), scripting languages such as Python, or general programming languages
- Behavioral projects require knowledge of SPSS and experience in performing psychological experiments and coding tasks
Research Offering Type
Independent Research, Internship, Research Assistant
College, Engineering, LPS, Nursing, Wharton