Below is a list of Fellowships that do not explicitly require US citizenship. Some may be open to applicants from any country, others are open to international students from selected countries, and some require applicants to be either US Permanent Residents or be in the process of seeking to remain in the US. See the eligibility requirements of each program. Fellowships staff are happy to assist you in applying to any of these opportunities.
Additional opportunities for both US citizens and non-US citizens can be found at:
- Fellowships Available to *International Students* and *US Citizens*
- International Scholarships for Students Worldwide
- Funding database for graduate students (courtesy of the University of Illinois) has a filter for opportunities for international graduate students
- SPIN(link is external) (Sponsored Programs Information Network) is a funding opportunity database that provides information on government and private funding sources in both the US and abroad. SPIN contains over 40,000 funding opportunities from more than 10,000 global sponsors.
- Foundation Directory Online, Grants.gov, SPIN, and other useful resources can also be found through Penn's Libraries
- Penn graduate students should also consult Penn's Graduate Student Center's Graduate Funding and Finances page(link is external)
See Funding graduate study in the UK for additional resources.