ArtWell Communications and Development Intern
ArtWell is a Philadelphia-based nonprofit that provides multi-disciplinary arts programming to youth in underfunded schools and community settings throughout Philadelphia to support social-emotional learning, healing, and social justice.
We are seeking a Summer Intern to support our communications and development initiatives, in addition to helping with ArtWell’s general operations. This opportunity is hybrid, estimated to be 80% remote and 20% in-person.
- Social Media
- Create social media content and graphics in collaboration with the Communications Manager
- Assist with building out social media schedule/calendar and enter in posts to be reviewed
- Increase efforts to engage other organizations and potential supporters on social
- Email Marketing
- Assist with data entry and contact management in MailChimp
- Website / Content Development
- Research upcoming blog topics and update editorial calendar
- Support content development or graphic design for blog as needed
- Pull content and stories from programs surveys
- Attend strategy calls with Communications Manager weekly and others as needed
- Update Communications Monthly Report with analytics for social media engagement, email performance, and website visits / traffic sources
- Support outreach for the Awaken Your Dreams Art Show, which may include canvassing, publishing the event to citywide calendars, promotion on social media, etc.
- Event preparation leading up to and day-of support for Awaken Your Dreams Art Show
- Research prospective grant opportunities
- Assist with drafting/editing grant proposals
- Assist with event preparation including potential sponsorship outreach and/or research
Skills and Qualifications include:
- Strong written and communication skills
- Interest in community outreach and relationship building
- Collaborative, curious, and creative
- Able to work independently and honor deadlines
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Interest in nonprofit operations, communications, marketing, development, design, research, and/or event planning
To apply for this or any of the other SHIP internships, please follow the instructions at the Summer Humanities Internship Program homepage.