NASA Internships are competitive awards to support educational opportunities that provide unique NASA-related research and operational experiences for high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as educators. These opportunities serve students by integrating interns with career professionals emphasizing mentor-directed, degree-related tasks, while contributing to the operation of a NASA facility or the advancement of NASA's missions.
NASA Internships are offered during 3 sessions throughout the calendar year. Summer internships are a minimum of 10 weeks, and fall and spring internships are a minimum of 16 weeks. NASA Interns receive stipends based on their education level to help defray internship-related expenses.
- Spring '23 placements will not be made until Dec. 1.
- Spring session begins Jan. 23.
- NASA is accepting applications for Summer '23 internships. More projects are being added weekly.
- Summer application deadline is Mar. 1. Summer session begins June 5
- Interns who are selected will be required to travel to a NASA facility to be badged even if the project is virtual or remote.
- NASA interns typically work during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday, unless stated in the project description.
To apply visit: https://nasa.force.com/s/login/
For more information regarding NASA internships and funding opportunities please visit: https://intern.nasa.gov/
NASA internships are open to U.S. Citizens with a cumulative GPA of 3.0, currently enrolled full-time in a degree seeking program at an accredited university or college.
Research Offering Type
Internship, Research Assistant