Princeton Neuroscience Institute (PNI) is offering a summer internship program for highly motivated undergraduates, providing education and hands-on research experience in the field of neuroscience. Participants will closely collaborate with students and faculty at PNI on original research projects, and thereby gain invaluable first-hand experience on what it is like to be a neuroscientist.
Summer interns will also participate in group educational activities, including weekly foundational overview lectures from PNI faculty, summer courses in Python and Matlab, lab meetings with the researchers with whom they will work, journal club reading groups, plus special forums on topics such as career advice and graduate school application preparation. Summer students also will participate in an end-of-summer poster session.
Applicants must be current undergraduates, and US citizens or permanent residents. The program offers:
- Competitive stipend
- Travel costs to and from Princeton
- Housing on campus
- GRE Preparatory Course and Exam
- Travel costs to attend the Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting in Chicago
The program runs for nine weeks from May 30 - July 29, 2022. Each student is placed in a world-class research laboratory – headed by a Faculty member – and carries out an original research project. Students will experience first-hand what it is like to be a scientist. We carefully match students to labs based on their research interests as indicated in their application form, recommendation letters, and personal statement. We take into consideration each applicant’s overall experience, academic background, and objectives to ensure a good match. Lab assignments are emailed to program participants in mid-February.
The summer undergraduate research program is geared towards undergraduates who have a strong passion for scientific research and are seriously considering graduate studies in neuroscience. We encourage applications from future researchers whose participation will add to the diversity of researchers in the sciences, or who are from institutions that do not have large research programs.
- The application form within the online system
- A personal statement.
- A CV/resume.
- Transcript(s) of all undergraduate courses and grades, including the 2018 fall semester (submitted online). Transcripts should be sent as a .pdf, .doc, .docx, .jpg, or .html file. Please do not mail a hard copy of your transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members (submitted online by faculty recommenders - separate from the application form)
Research Offering Type
Independent Research, Internship, Research Assistant
College, Engineering, LPS, Nursing, Wharton