Please review and follow this 2022 step-by-step guide for potential James C. Gaither Junior Fellows applicants!
James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
The James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program offers up to twelve one-year internships at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Gaither Junior Fellows assist with research and editing for Carnegie senior scholars in areas including nuclear nonproliferation, foreign policy, democracy and governance, technology policy, economics, and regional studies. Junior Fellows are paid a monthly salary and receive health insurance.
Penn Deadline: Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 4:00 pm EST
Penn’s Application Process: The Gaither Junior Fellows program accepts nominations from institutions – students may not apply independently. To apply to be one of Penn’s nominees, you must complete the following steps by Penn’s Internal Deadline of Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
- 2023-2024 application materials are available in this link: James C. Gaither Junior Fellows Program application
- As soon as you have arranged for letters of recommendation, begin a CURF Fellowships Nomination Request for the Gaither Junior Fellows program and request letters through that process.
- You will also be prompted to upload a single PDF which combines:
- Gaither application form
- cover essay (1 page, double-spaced, on why you wish to become a Junior Fellow)
- CV or resume (1-2 pages)
- unofficial transcript from Path@Penn (and other institutions, if relevant)
- essay for the program for which you are applying (3 pages)
- Nominated students will receive further instructions.